Thursday, January 12, 2012

2012 resolutions

[Milo-2012 Resolution Supervisor]

Every year I set resolutions/goals for the new year.  I love when a new year rolls around and I have any opportunity to reevaluate and start fresh.  There is something inspiring about having a fresh start, a clean slate if you will.  Keeping the goals on the radar past the first 30 days is usually another story.  I am resolving this year to have realistic and attainable goals---I think last year my goals were something like: to save a million dollars,  travel the world, get in shape, and become the CEO of Google.

So in an attempt to actually be successful in this little adventure, my goals for 2012 are few and relatively simple.  

*My biggest and most important goal this year is to pay off our debts, specifically our car and two credit cards.  Once these loose ends are tied up we will have so much more freedom to do things we want when we want.  The husband has a sabbatical coming up within the next year and I want to be able to venture around the world and visit some of the places on our lengthy bucket list.

*Continue and maintain my gym routine.  I find it incredibly easy to stop for a few days and never go back.  Since December, I have been doing pretty darn well at maintaining a five day per week routine.  Now to stay inspired and keep it going for the year...

*Get my Etsy storefront up and running.  It's just one of those 'just do it' things.  I could find a million and one reasons to procrastinate on this but I have been doing that for last 12 months and, well, here we are.  Still on the trusty resolution list :)

*Get more comfortable with the DSLR camera.  We don't have kids so I have never gotten in the habit of documenting events, parties...life.  I rarely think to bring the camera along until it is too late and the event has passed--then I am bummed!  I am challenging myself to learn more about the camera, practice, practice, practice, and create a habit of taking the camera with me everywhere.

Those are the big things for 2012.  I am determined to muster up the strength, want, need, courage and energy to accomplish these four big monsters.  Oh pray for my soul! 




No comments:

Post a Comment